Saturday, November 20, 2010

Homemade Onion Soup Mix

I am so thankful to have this recipe...and that it is really good in everything I use it in!  For this recipe I use Herb-Ox beef bouillon cubes because they contain no MSG.  If you can find beef granules that are MSG free those would work easier for this recipe- I just cannot find any.  This mix makes 3 packages for onion soup mix. -Kristin

3/4 c. dried minced onion
14 beef bouillon cubes or 1/3 c. beef bouillon granules
4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. celery seed
1/4 t. sugar
  • Place the bouillon cubes in a food processor and process till very crumbly and powdery.
  • Mix all the ingredients together.
  • Store in an airtight container till ready to use.
  • 5 T. equals one package.  This recipe makes 3 packages worth of dry onion soup mix.

1 comment:

Brian and Jennifer said...

So excited to have this recipe!! I use onion soup mix A LOT :) Thanks!